In this series, I pick a different theme each week and recommend five songs within it for you to give a listen. These tracks include some of my favorites from over the years, with many being ones I listen to on a regular basis. If you have any theme recommendations, post them in the comments, and your idea(s) may be featured in later editions. Let’s get started.
This week’s theme is The Seventies. One of the most iconic eras in history, the seventies was full of big hair, bell bottom pants and maxi dresses. More importantly, the music of this time was some of the best. You had every genre from classic rock to disco to pop. This list will feature some of my favorite songs from this era. You may know some of these songs, but there are others you won’t. For this edition (since there are so many great songs from the 70s), I just made a playlist for you, instead of going into detail. Without further ado, here are some seventies hits to add to your playlist.
1. “Brandy (You’re a Fine Girl)” by Looking Glass
2. “Killer Queen” by Queen
3. “Wheel in the Sky” by Journey
4. “The Chain” by Fleetwood Mac
5. “Just What I Needed” by The Cars
6. “Baba O’Riley” by The Who
7. “Going to California” by Led Zeppelin
8. “Miss You” by The Rolling Stones
9. “Let It Be” by The Beatles
10. “Evil Woman” by Electric Light Orchestra
11. “Nights On Broadway” by Bee Gees
12. “Fire and Rain” by James Taylor
13. “Lyin’ Eyes” by The Eagles
14. “Reelin’ In The Years” by Steely Dan
15. “Lookin’ Out My Back Door” by Creedence Clearwater Revival
16. “Peace of Mind” by Boston
17. “My Sweet Lord” by George Harrison
18. “The Joker” by Steve Miller Band
19. “Radar Love” by Golden Earring
20. “Surrender” by Cheap Trick
This concludes the fifth edition of The Mantra Mixtapes. I hope you all enjoy this new series. If you have any songs that you would like to add to this list that reflect this week’s theme, feel free to add them to the comments below. I would love to hear your recommendations. Until next week, later Raiders!